Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
In order to comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we would like to inform you of how we store your personal details, and also how we may need to occasionally give them to third parties to enable us to treat your pet to the highest standards.
How do we store your personal details?
The details you provide to us will be kept on your account on our computer system that are only accessed within the practice by our members of staff. They are also backed up daily via a secure server to our practice management software provider (Vet Solutions), in order to ensure your animals records are secure and never lost.
How might we use your information in order to treat your pet?
On occasion we may need to provide an external company with some of your personal details to enable us to diagnose or treat your pet. We guarantee to keep this to an absolute minimum and all the companies we use are GDPR compliant. An example of this would be a sample sent to an external laboratory. In order to identify the sample from your pet we may need to give your surname and the first line of your address, but this is purely to identify the sample both at the laboratory and also when the results are returned to us. Other companies we may need to give a minimal amount of your personal details to in order to treat your pet include: referral centres, insurance companies, Simplyhealth Professionals (Pet Health Plans), charities (where applicable), crematoriums, etc.
One area where we may need to give more of your personal address and contact details is when we register your pets microchip on the Petlog database – if you are concerned by this in anyway please discuss is with our team.
Will we ever use your personal details to contact you?
If you give us permission we will contact you by the following:
- Text message – to remind you when your pets worming is due.
- Post – to remind you when your pet is due its health check and booster vaccinations.
If you have any questions about how your information may be used please feel free to ask.
We will never use your details for anything other than treating you pet.
Data Protection Officers: Peter Creber, Jonathan Tuthill & Wendy Smith.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO www.ico.org.uk if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- WordPress administration – this only applies if you are logging into this site.
- Add This Smart Layers – Avenue Veterinary Centre utilises a WordPress plugin named Add This Smart Layers, we use this to enable sharing to social media buttons and recommending additional reading content within our website.
- VetHelpDirect – This is used as a referral cookie should you use this service on the front page. This allows vet help direct to know which veterinary practice raised the query.
- Google – This appears on the contact form for our google map and is used to help with directions to our practice and enable additional features should you be logged into your google account.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. In most cases we earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
We currently do not operate any Email Marketing Messages & Subscription services nor do we intend to at this time.