Upton-upon-Severn Branch Surgery
After an exciting year with the opening of our branch practice in January 2016 and a thoroughly enjoyable charity open day, it is with much regret that we must inform you of the closure in May of our Upton-upon-Severn branch. This has been an exceptionally difficult decision and has not been taken lightly. The branch will be closing for the final time on Friday 12th May and from then on we will be contactable on our Malvern telephone number 24 hours a day. Until this time our opening hours remain the same at Upton: Monday-Friday 8.30am until 6:30pm with consultations by appointment in the morning and afternoon.
It was always our intention to allow two to three years for the new branch to “find its feet” and become established in the local community. It has achieved the growth we hoped for in the time period, however with the impending departure of one of our full time Veterinary Surgeons on maternity leave we have severely and unexpectedly struggled to fill her position. Many independent, locally owned practices across the country are in the same situation, struggling to recruit experienced highly qualified vets. We have advertised thoroughly but have not found a sufficiently experienced and compassionate full time Veterinary Surgeon to fill this role. Having the right team of Vets, Veterinary Nurses and Administration staff is crucial for us, in order to provide the exceptional care and attention that you and your pet deserve and receive.
We are making adjustments to our long established practice in Malvern to give a much greater capacity to accommodate our clients who have registered at the Upton branch. All of your pet’s records will be available in Malvern.
- We have employed an additional part-time Veterinary Surgeon, Daisy Newey, who will be joining us in May and has 15 years of experience in small animal practice and is currently working towards a Small Animal Surgery Certificate awarded by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- We will be providing many more consultation slots throughout the day to offer more convenience to you
- Case continuity is very important to us, so wherever possible you will be able to see the same vet for each visit
- We will also be offering more nurse consultations with the same Veterinary Nurses you have met at Upton, to administer medication, offer advice, weight clinics or even just some puppy play time!
Our facilities and reasons to continue to use us in Malvern include:
- You will see the same friendly faces
- 24 hour emergency service by our own vets and nurses at the Malvern practice
- Ultrasound and Radiography Suite
- Dental Suite
- Medical Grade Laser Therapy
- In House Laboratory
- Acupuncture onsite
- Separate dog and cat kennels
- Large garden
- Convenient parking
If you wound like to have a tour of our practice in Malvern at any time please do not hesitate to ask. We are planning a Charity Open Day at Malvern on Saturday 19th August from 2-5pm so you can come and look around and enjoy some tea and cake in the garden (hopefully with some sunshine!) to raise money for local animal charities.